If you look back in October, VLC Media Player was made available to iPhone & iPad, at that time many speculated that Apple may remove it soon. And today VLC has been removed from Apple iPhone App store.
If you are one of those unlucky who can not download VLC from Apple app store then no need to disappoint if you missed downloading as VLC for iPhone is now available on Cydia. Ryan Petrich is hosting the app on his beta repo in Cydia. Below is guide on how to download & install VLC for iPhone from Cydia.
- Open Cydia and tap the Manage tab & then Tap on Sources.
- Now Tap the Edit button & click on Add.
- Type the following repo url http://rpetri.ch/repo & tap on Add sources.
- Once Cydia completes adding new repo, go to search option & search for
â€œVLC Media Playerâ€.
- And tap on VLC Media Player from the search result.
- Click on Install and enjoy VLC Media Player for iPhone.