According to reports from Reuters, Nokia has decided to cut prices of its smartphones in Europe, in an attempt to slow the loss of market share for high-end market. One of the two sources have reported that the news has reported that Nokia has cut about 15% the price of devices such as N8, C7 and E6. Other devices have been reductions in prices, but in lower percentages.
Meanwhile, a Nokia spokesman declined to comment on the report and specific prices:
“And ‘business as usual.”
So while shares of Nokia is continuing to fall significantly, according to research firm Gartner, and many other analysts, is expected to further reduce the market share of smartphones in the coming months.
Carolina Milanesi, an analyst at Gartner, finally, reported that the price cut is not a big surprise that Nokia should consider to launch the next devices with more aggressive prices, so as to better defend itself from Apple and Android.
- Windows Live Hotmail-CH: the app to access Hotmail with a click
- Gelid announces the new version of the Quiet CPU Cooler
- Elliptical Machines Office desk, the desk-gym
- New details on the two demo of PES 2012
- Fieldrunners Android HD a new game not to be missed